Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Simplicity


one. year. staring. into. the sky.
Perhaps you have been wondering how it is I came to start a blog.

For years, I searched high and low looking for the secret to living a simple life. Letting go, meditating, staying calm: to me, these were the traps of a false simplicity. I spent a year staring vacant into the sky, trying to clear my mind; another locked in battle with a giant squid at the bottom of the ocean. Nothing helped.

Then one day, it hit me. All this rumination had led me nowhere because I am not simple. What I was looking for wasn't simplicity, it was purpose. Purpose is like simplicity because they both afford clarity of mind, but better because you don't have to be boring. For me simplicity implies inner peace, calmness. But truly, I ache with passion for the hugeness of it all. So I said goodbye to my fake simplicity and hello to bold purpose: a lush new life as an internet star.


1 comment: